If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The melding light, citrusy and refreshing layers with pops of blackberries create quite the presentation in individual Mason jars. —Twin Tastes
- 28-30 hard ladyfinger cookies
- 1 cup chopped fresh blackberries
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup Limoncello liqueur
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 15 ounces mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Limoncello liqueur
- In a large bowl whip the cream with an electric mixer until slightly thickened. Add the vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of the sugar and continue to whip until the cream holds soft peaks. In another bowl, cream together the remaining sugar , Limoncello and the mascarpone cheese for 30 seconds with an electric mixer. Using a rubber spatula, fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone.
- One at a time, roll the ladyfingers in the Limoncello syrup and place in a single layer on the bottom of each Mason jar. You may need to break the cookies in half in order to fit the jars. Pour 1/3 of the Limoncello-mascarpone cream on top of the ladyfingers. Top with 1/3 of the blackberries. Dip and arrange a second layer of ladyfingers, and cover again with the next 1/3 of the Limoncello-mascarpone cream followed by blackberries. Follow this process one more time. Top the Mason jars with lemon zest, cover, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe