If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious Italian dessert, made with a tasty strawberry juice instead of coffee and filled with a creamy mascarpone filling. —An Italian in my kitchen
- 2 cups whole ripe strawberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup marscarpone
- 1 cup whole cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- 12-15 Lady finger cookies
- To make the strawberry juice: Clean and chop the strawberries into small pieces sprinkle with sugar, place strawberries, and lime juice in a blender, blend until smooth, add water and blend again for a minute. Pour into a strainer (make sure the holes aren't too big, we want just the juice, no seeds) and using the bottom of a spoon move it around to help the juice drain into a medium sized bowl. Set aside.
- To make the cream mixture: In a large bowl using a whisk, mix together sugar and egg till combined (approximately 1 minute) then add mascarpone and cream, beat on medium until thickened. (approximately 5-10 minutes, you don't want it to be too thick or too thin, nice and creamy ).
- Putting it all together: Lady finger cookies (approximately 12-15) 1 baking dish (I used 12 x 10 inch). In a small bowl add half the strawberry juice,(you will have let over strawberry juice,which is great over ice cream or even add a little more sugar and it makes a great drink) dip the lady finger cookies in the juice (turning to coat all the cookie with juice, but don't leave them submerged in the juice) then arrange cookies on bottom of baking dish and cover with half the cream mixture, repeat cookies for another layer and cover with remaining cream mixture. Sprinkle with unsweetened cocoa and top with strawberries. Refrigerate for at least 4-5 hours, even more delicious the next day. Enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe
More Great Recipes: