If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious Smoothie Style Margarita with Spicy Black Salt! —Sue O'Bryan
- 4 ounces Grand Marnier
- 4 ounces Tequila
- 4 ounces Lime Juice
- 5 ounces Strawberry Simple Syrup
- Fresh Strawberries, Sliced for Garnish
- 1 sprig Thyme, leaves removed
- 1 Lime
- 1/2 cup Ice Cubes
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon Black Lava Salt
- Using a cocktail glass rimmer, rim the edge of two clear glasses with a lime wedge and dip in a mix of salt + sugar [equal parts].
- In a blender, combine tequila, grand marnier, thyme, ice, simple syrup and lime juice with ice, and shake for about 30 seconds.
- For strawberry simple syrup: combine equal parts sugar and water, bring to a boil and let sugar dissolve, then turn off heat and let cool completely. Combine 1 cup simple syrup + 1-1/2 cups slices strawberries in a blender and blend until combined. If you like a seedless drink, strain the mixture over a fine mesh strainer to remove the seeds. Pour into glasses and garnish with sliced strawberries and a wedge of lime.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe