If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Cherry ripe is an Australian candy; feeling homesick today. This recipe is sugar-free, gluten-free, but not taste-free and certainly not berry free! —vanessa green
- 1 cup cherries, pitted
- 1 cup strawberries, greens removed
- 1.5 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon grade B maple syrup
- 1 cup coconut oil, divided, plus 2 tablepoons
- 8 tablespoons cacao, raw
- 2 tablespoons honey, raw
- Start with a 'choc' icing layer - Melt 1/2 cup coconut oil, 4 tbsp cacao and 1 tbsp honey in a pan and pour into parchment lined flat biscuit tray. Refrigerate while you make filling
- For filling - add cherries, strawberries, shredded coconut, 2 tbsp coconut oil, maple syrup in food processor and whizz until smooth. Add to top of icing layer you just made
- Add final 'choc icing' layer - Melt 1/2 cup coconut oil, 4 tbsp cacao and 1 tbsp honey in a pan and pour on top. Refrigerate at least two hours. Share and enjoy :)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe