If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Fries & Aïoli
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 pasteurized egg yolks
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 handful tarragon leaves
- 1/2 handful flat-leafed parsley
- cracked pepper
- 3 pounds mussels
- 1 fennel bulb
- 2 leeks
- 2 onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 handfuls thyme sprigs
- 1 tarragon sprig
- 6-8 saffron threads
- 500 milliliters cream
- 200 milliliters dry white wine
- For the aïoli, whisk together egg yolks, minced garlic and juice from the lemon until it whitens.
- Add the oil drop by drop while you're whisking. When it starts to thicken, you can add the oil in a thin line while still whisking.
- When the aïoli has the right consistency, whisk in the tarragon and parsley. Season to taste with sea salt and cracked pepper. Keep in the fridge until serving.
- For the fries, cut the potatoes in sticks or boats, cover them in olive oil, paprika and salt, and put them in a 220 ℃ oven (430 ℉) for about 30 minutes until crisp. Turn them every 10 minutes.
- For the mussel soup, start by preparing all the vegetables. Slice the fennel and leeks, as well as the onions and garlic. The size should make them possible to eat in one bite.
- Clean all the mussels and make sure they're alive by knocking them on the table and waiting half a minute. All mussels must be closed, otherwise, throw them away.
- Heat up some olive oil in a large pot with enough room for both vegetables as mussels.
- Add the vegetables and herbs to the pot, and let them fry while stirring, until the onions turn somewhat translucent.
- Add the white wine and turn the heat down to medium.
- When the white wine simmers, add the mussels, stir around so the mussels are mixed with the vegetables.
- Put on a lit and let it simmer for about 5 minutes until the mussels have opened. Shake the pot once in a while to mix the content.
- Pour in the cream and the saffron and let it get to a boil.
- Serve the mussels in a bowl with fries and aïoli on the side. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Potatoes 2.0