If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of the best things I like about Margaritas is the salt, gloriously crusted on the rim, confering that touch of saltiness to each sip. I went a bit further this time and added a blend of salt pepper and toasted cumin.
This was a free form Margarita I cobbled up some time back. As much as I would have liked this to be a frozen drink, it did not happen. Reason: frozen berries are riddled with seeds that have an unpleasant texture and had to be strained out. —Panfusine
Makes four 6 oz servings
Cumin spice blend
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- fresh cracked peppercorn to taste
- toast the cumin in a small skillet until it turns color, allow to cool.
- Combine the salt, 1/2 a teaspoon of cumin and the finely cracked peppercorn in a mortar and crush into a spice blend, sample and adjust the flavors as per your personal preference.
Mixed Berry margarita
- 1 bag frozen mixed berries
- 6 ounces Tequila
- 6 ounces Triple sec
- Juice of 2 limes
- Cumin spice blend as required
- crushed Ice
- Combine the tequila and the triple sec with the frozen berries and blend until the berries are completely reduced to slush. Strain into a container and discard the seeds and residual pulp. Stir in the lime juice and the cumin spiceblend and pour out into glasses. Add ice to top up and serve chilled.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe