If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This crumble is absolutely divine. The combination of the sweet apples with the tart strawberries is just heavenly. The hint of lemon mellows the sweetness, and the cinnamon adds a warm flavor. Now coming to the almond topping, all I can say is that, it just increases the flavor of the dessert by many folds. It gives a nutty and biscuit-like texture to the dessert. —Nandita SS
- 3 Apples, peeled, cored and cubed
- 200 grams Strawberries, washed, hulled and quartered
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 150 grams Condensed milk
- 6tbsp Cold Butter, divided
- 1/2 cup Almond meal
- 1/4 cup All purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon Slivered almonds for garnish
- Mix the Cubed apples, strawberries and lemon juice an oven proof dish and mix all to combine.
- Mix together 1tbsp of butter with the condensed milk in a non stick pan and heat the mixture on a low flame for two to three mins. Remove from heat and stir in half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Pour the condensed milk mixture over the apples and strawberry mixture and spread it evenly.
- In a bowl, mix the almond meal, oats, all purpose flour, sugar and the other half tea spoon of cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Rub the cold butter into the almond-flour mixture and mix till the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180C for 35-40min or till the crumble topping turns golden brown. Serve hot or warm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe