If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This delicious blueberry lime smash had the added bonus of a blueberry simple syrup for maximum flavor. The blueberry simple syrup is combined with limes, fresh blueberries and tequila. Then we smash that. Finally it is topped with ice and a bit of seltzer for an unbelievably bright and refreshing cocktail. —Angela Sanchez-Robles
Makes 1 1/2 cups blueberry simple syrup + 1 blueberry lime smash
Blueberry Simple Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- splashes vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons Fresh blueberries
- 2 pieces Lime, sliced
- 3 tablespoons Blueberry simple syrup
- 1 ½ ounces Tequila ( I used Avion)
- 1 handful ice
- splashes Seltzer water
- Make the simple syrup - Combine the blueberries, water, sugar, and vanilla extract in a small pot. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved and the blueberries have burst and softened, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain the mixture, pressing on the solids to extract as much liquid as possible. Discard the solids or save them for another use, such as an ice cream topping.
- Transfer the simple syrup to a glass container with a tight fitting lid. Simple syrup will keep for a couple of weeks in the refrigerator.To extend the life of the simple syrup, add about a tablespoon of vodka. Your syrup will last MONTHS this way. Makes about 1 1/2 cups of simple syrup.
- Make The Smash - To a 4 oz glass, add blueberries, lime, and simple syrup. With a muddler, or the handle of a wooden spoon, smash the blueberries and lime until you released their juice and the limes are fragrant. Add the tequila and stir quickly to combine. Add ice and top with seltzer.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe