If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: this recipe is very simple but elegant. It reminds my childhood when my mother used to do gemada (cream of eggs) for me and my sisters. Zabaglione is a easy and light italian eggy desert and this is my brazilian inspired version of that. —Sandra
- 4 cups mixed berries(strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries)
- 4 large egg yolks (organic preferred)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 small lime, juiced and zested (1/8 cup juice)
- 2 splashes cachaca(brazilian rum) or vodka
- 1 pinch salt
- mint sprigs, for garnish
- wash the berries, let them dry over paper towel or cloth. Cut the strawberries in half or quarts.Place them in a 6 desert glass or serving bowls
- Combine the egg yolks, sugar ,salt, lime juice and cachaca in a glass or metal bowl , whisk all ingredients by hand or hand mixer over double boiler until it triples the volume and gets very creamy, about 4 minutes. be careful to not scrambled the eggs, turn off the heat or turn it down while cooking it. Sprinkle the lime zest over zabaglione, spoon the warm zabaglione over the berries and serve it immediately.