If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The high sugar content of the condensed milk and the pectin in the strawberries is what keeps the ice cream smooth. Do add that extra splash of vanilla, which gives it that old-school ice cream parlour oomph. You don't need an ice cream machine, but you do need a powerful blender for this to work. —Coco et Cocoa
Makes about 1 litre
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 pounds local strawberries, chopped and frozen
- 1 confident splashes good quality vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a high-power blender in the order listed.
- Blend until smooth, using the tamper to push ingredients into the blade. It should be thick like gelato.
- Freeze in a freezable container until firm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Berry Recipe