If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: wild blackberries are growing all over london - yours for the taking. Use these little jewels (or ones from the shop) to make these muffins. —Krissy
Makes: 12 large muffins
cup butter at room temperature
cup unrefined cane sugar
large fresh eggs at room temperature
cup fresh ricotta
cups allpurpose flour. 1/8 cup reserved to mix into the blackberries
tablespoon baking powder
handful maldon sea salt
- preheat oven at 375
- cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light fluffy & pale in color
- add the eggs one at a time lightly beating through the mixture. do not over mix.
- slowly sift and stir in the dry ingredients.
- add the milk.
- lightly toss blackberries with reserved flour - coat well so they move through the batter evenly - carefully fold into the batter
- butter the bottom and sides of your muffin tin liberally
- spoon a small dollop of the mixture into the bottom of the muffin tin. should be about 1/4 of the way full.
- then add about a tablespoon of the ricotta on top of the mixture
- spoon another small dollop of the mixture ontop of the ricotta. the muffin cups should be full to rim of the cup but not overflowing
- sprinkle the top of each muffin with the maldon sea salt. use a light touch here, you don't want them to be too salty
- bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. remove from the oven and let stand in the pan until cool