Author Notes: wild blackberries are growing all over london - yours for the taking. Use these little jewels (or ones from the shop) to make these muffins. —Krissy
Makes: 12 large muffins
cup butter at room temperature
cup unrefined cane sugar
large fresh eggs at room temperature
cup fresh ricotta
cups allpurpose flour. 1/8 cup reserved to mix into the blackberries
tablespoon baking powder
handful maldon sea salt
- preheat oven at 375
- cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light fluffy & pale in color
- add the eggs one at a time lightly beating through the mixture. do not over mix.
- slowly sift and stir in the dry ingredients.
- add the milk.
- lightly toss blackberries with reserved flour - coat well so they move through the batter evenly - carefully fold into the batter
- butter the bottom and sides of your muffin tin liberally
- spoon a small dollop of the mixture into the bottom of the muffin tin. should be about 1/4 of the way full.
- then add about a tablespoon of the ricotta on top of the mixture
- spoon another small dollop of the mixture ontop of the ricotta. the muffin cups should be full to rim of the cup but not overflowing
- sprinkle the top of each muffin with the maldon sea salt. use a light touch here, you don't want them to be too salty
- bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. remove from the oven and let stand in the pan until cool