- Serves 4
Delicious chicken thighs and drums marinated in CHA! by Texas Pete® then dusted in seasoned flour before being fried until golden brown, crispy and fall off the bone delicious and served with a side of CHA! By Texas Pete® spiked barbeque sauce for dipping. —sabrina
Chicken Thighs and Drums
1 1/2 cups
CHA! by Texas Pete
6 2/3 cups
All Purpose Flour
Zip Lock Bags- 1 Gallon Size
CHA! BY Texas Pete
Frying Oil (ONLY IF FRYING IN PAN)
Frying Oil (ONLY IF FRYING IN DEEP FRYER)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Marinate the chicken with the CHA! By Texas Pete for 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Mix the flour, salt and black pepper together until fully incorporated and divide this flour mixture between 2 large, 1 gallon zip lock bags.
- After 24 hours remove the chicken from the marinade but do not scrape any of the marinade off of the chicken.
- Divide all the chicken up evenly between both bags of seasoned flour and shake vigorously for 1-2 minutes coating all of the chicken completely.
- Preheat the deep fryer to 325° F. If pan frying make sure you pour enough oil into the pan so that the chicken is covered at least half of the way up, about 1 1/2-2 cups of oil depending on the size skillet you have.
- If you are pan frying the chicken turn the heat to medium and try to keep the temperature around 325° F, you may have to adjust the temperature several times during the cooking process.
- The chicken takes roughly 20-25 minutes to cook. Keep the fryer on a low to medium setting and check the temperature consistently to maintain the oil at 325° F.
- The key is to fry the chicken on a low temperature during the first 75% of the cooking process, then turn up the heat to crisp up the breading just before it’s finished.
- Keep the temperature at 325° and then raise the temperature to 375 F° for the last 3-4 minutes for an extra crispy breading.
- The chicken will become more tender the longer you cook it at the lower temperature otherwise if you cook it at a higher temperature the breading will be too dark and the meat will be tough.
- While the chicken is frying prepare the spicy barbeque sauce.
- Combine the barbeque sauce with the CHA! By Texas Pete and mix well.
- Portion the sauce into 4 ramekins and keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- When the chicken is finished place on paper towels to absorb excess grease and season them with salt and pepper. **Be sure chicken in cooked to an internal temperature of 165° F.
- Serve with the spicy CHA! Barbeque sauce for dipping. Immediately cover and store unused chicken in refrigerator.