If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is an altered recipe from Food.com —Lavender Lynn
Makes 1 gallon
- 6 cups mashed peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Add peaches and 1 cup sugar to a large bowl; stir to mix well; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs using an electric mixer until they are frothy.
- In another bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cup sugar, flour, and salt.
- Gradually add sugar mixture to eggs, beating using electric mixer until thick.
- Add in milk; mix well
- Pour egg mixture into a large pot; cook over low heat and stir constantly, about 15 minutes or until the mixture thickens and coats a metal spoon.
- Remove pot from heat and set in cold water; stir gently until mixture is cool.
- Add in cream and vanilla; stir to combine.
- Add in peaches; stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into the container of a 1-gallon electric ice cream freezer.
- Freeze according to the machine's directions.
- Let ripen at least 1 hour.