Author Notes: This recipe is an altered recipe from Food.com —Lavender Lynn
Makes: 1 gallon
cups mashed peaches
tablespoons all-purpose flour
cup whipping cream
In This Recipe
- Add peaches and 1 cup sugar to a large bowl; stir to mix well; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs using an electric mixer until they are frothy.
- In another bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cup sugar, flour, and salt.
- Gradually add sugar mixture to eggs, beating using electric mixer until thick.
- Add in milk; mix well
- Pour egg mixture into a large pot; cook over low heat and stir constantly, about 15 minutes or until the mixture thickens and coats a metal spoon.
- Remove pot from heat and set in cold water; stir gently until mixture is cool.
- Add in cream and vanilla; stir to combine.
- Add in peaches; stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into the container of a 1-gallon electric ice cream freezer.
- Freeze according to the machine's directions.
- Let ripen at least 1 hour.