If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cocktail is a rather alarming shade of green, but quite delicious. The recipe is inspired by a recent cocktail I had at Posto plus what you find on the internet if you Google "basil lemon cocktail." —Laura
Basil Lemon Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Make simple syrup: combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Combine simple syrup, basil, and lemon juice in a blender. Puree until completely liquid. Strain to remove any leftover basil bits or lemon pulp.
- 1-2 tablespoons basil lemon syrup
- 1 splash gin
- 4-5 ounces Prosecco
- Combine basil lemon syrup and gin in a chilled wine glass or champagne flute.
- Fill with Prosecco and enjoy! Garnish with a lemon twist or basil sprig if you're feeling fancy.
More Great Recipes: Cocktails