If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Summer fruit chiffon cake —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes one 9×13-inch cake
- 1 1/4 cups cake flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 pieces egg, separated, room temperature
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberry halves
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup fresh nectarine slices
- To prepare the cake. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan, and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl of a standing mixer with a whisk attachment, beat egg whites on medium speed until foamy. Add 2 tablespoon sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Scrape the meringue in another bowl. Set aside.
- In the same bowl, mix flour mixture, egg yolks, oil, vanilla and the remaining sugar until smooth. About 3 minutes.
- Fold in half of the meringue into the batter. Then fold in the rest of the meringue into the batter until just incorporated. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Use a spatula to level the top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for about 10 minutes before inverting on rack. Let cool completely before frosting.
- Beat the heavy cream, and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Spread over the cooled cake, then top with the fruits.
- Refrigerate until serving. If desired, sprinkle powdered sugar on top of the fruits before serving.
More Great Recipes: Cakes