If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe is an easy, no-yolk style ice cream base with a big punch of blueberry flavor. —Erin McDowell
Makes 2 1/2 quarts
- 4 cups blueberries, washed
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, halved and scraped
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups heavy cream
- In a medium pot, bring the blueberries, sugar, and vanilla bean to a simmer. Cook until the blueberries are soft and have released their juice, about 10 minutes.
- With an immersion blender or in a blender, puree the mixture (Vanilla bean and all) until smooth). Strain the mixture.
- Stir in the milk and cream, and mix until uniformly combined. Churn in an ice cream maker per manufacturer's instructions. Freeze until ready to serve.