If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Blackberries and sweet corn are the perfect pairing, and every August I try new and inventive combinations. This soup walks the line between sweet and savory, and the color is gorgeous. No standing over the hot stove either! —witchykitchen
- 1 pound blackberries
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 large cucumber
- 1 tablespoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon basil (packed)
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sweet corn
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup mozzarella
- sea salt and fresh ground pepper
- Combine blackberries, garlic, cucumber, thyme, basil, maple syrup, and season well with salt and pepper in blender and blend until smooth. Blend on a lower setting and drizzle in olive oil. Chill for at least an hour, ideally longer (this was even better the next day!)
- In food processor, combine corn, ricotta and mozzarella with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- To serve, pour soup in bowls and top with a dollop of the corn/ricotta/mozzarella mixture and a sprinkle of basil.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup