If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There are many ways in which you can use our wonderful halva spreads -- be it smeared on toast for breakfast, with your fruit for a nutritious mid-day snack, alongside your favorite cheese as an appetizer, or spooned straight from the jar to satisfy your sweet tooth.
However, this summer I found myself enjoying Brooklyn Sesame halva spreads in smoothies. They make a great on-the-go breakfast on a hot summer day or a refreshing afternoon snack. My favorite is a "Tropical Desert” smoothie -- it is as delicious and refreshing as it sounds! —BrooklynSesame
Serves 2 to 4
- 4 bananas
- 2 medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons Brooklyn Seasame Halva Spread with Toasted Coconut
- 2 cups 2% organic milk (or almond or soy milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- Slice bananas and freeze them overnight.
- Cut the dates into smaller pieces, then, in a blender, combine the dates with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth -- about 30 seconds. Serve in a tall glass with a straw, top with a pinch of cardamom, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- This recipe is a Community Pick!