If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The low maintenance version of Smitten Kitchen’s Peach Shortbread —illyanna Maisonet
Makes 24 bars
- 3 cups AP flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 egg
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter
- 3 peaches
- Preheat 375°F
- Butter a 9×13 inch pan, or spray it with a nonstick spray. In a medium bowl, stir together sugar, baking powder, flour, salt and spices with a whisk.
- Use a pastry blender, fork or your fingertips, incorporate softened butter and egg into the flour mixture. It will be crumbly. Pat 3/4 of the crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pan, pressing firmly. If the dough is too tacky to handle, chill for about 10 mins.
- Tile peach slices over crumb base in a single layer, it’s ok if some overlap
- Scatter remaining crumbs evenly over peaches and bake for 30 minutes, rotating halfway through, until top is slightly brown and you can see a little color around the edges.
- Cool completely in pan before cutting into squares.