The low maintenance version of Smitten Kitchen’s Peach Shortbread
The low maintenance version of Smitten Kitchen’s Peach Shortbread—illyanna Maisonet
Makes: 24 bars
cups AP flour
cup granulated sugar
teaspoon baking powder
teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
pound unsalted butter
In This Recipe
- Preheat 375°F
- Butter a 9×13 inch pan, or spray it with a nonstick spray. In a medium bowl, stir together sugar, baking powder, flour, salt and spices with a whisk.
- Use a pastry blender, fork or your fingertips, incorporate softened butter and egg into the flour mixture. It will be crumbly. Pat 3/4 of the crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pan, pressing firmly. If the dough is too tacky to handle, chill for about 10 mins.
- Tile peach slices over crumb base in a single layer, it’s ok if some overlap
- Scatter remaining crumbs evenly over peaches and bake for 30 minutes, rotating halfway through, until top is slightly brown and you can see a little color around the edges.
- Cool completely in pan before cutting into squares.