If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This chilled and incredibly refreshing soup is perfect for hot, sultry nights. An unusual twist on traditional gazpacho, this white gazpacho allows the fresh, cool essence of seasonal cucumbers shine, while the colorful garnish provides visual appeal and bursting with summer flavors! —Diane Fluin
For the soup
- 1 cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2-3 sprigs fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice (or white vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (or plain yogurt)
For the garnish
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, any variety
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 5-6 sprigs parsley, minced
- 2-3 green onions, minced (including the green tops)
- 5-6 frseh chives, minced (optional)
- 1 cup croutons (optional)
- Prepare the soup: Place the chopped cucumber in a blender with the garlic, chicken stock, parsley, lemon juice, salt, and roughly half of the sour cream and half of the yogurt. Puree until very well blended. Pour into large bowl and whisk in the remaining sour cream and yogurt. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Prepare the garnish: Dice the tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, green onions, and chives. Place each one in its own bowl for passing at the table.
- To serve, ladle the chilled soup into bowls and pass the garnishes at the table. (Optional: stir the garnishes right into the soup and serve.)
- For the complete recipe with step by step tips and photos, visit: http://dianesfoodblog.com/2012/06/16/white-gazpacho/
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup