If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a dish prepared mainly during summer since that’s when green mangoes are plenty in Bangladesh. During a scorching hot day, the lentil with green mango(aam dal) soup will cool you down with a comforting warmth. This soup can be consumed either hot or cold, with rice or just as is as a soup. No matter how you serve, your taste buds will be brimming with zesty, luscious, lip-smacking flavors. —Lail | With A Spin
- 1 cup Lentil
- 2-3 cups Water
- 1 piece green mango, peeled and cut into 1 inch squares
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 piece Onion, finely sliced
- 2-3 pieces garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 pieces red chili
- 1 teaspoon panch foron
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Boil lentils with salt and turmeric until semi tender. Start with 2 cups of water and add as needed if lentil becomes too thick.
- Add mango pieces and continue to boil until lentil is soft and cooked.
- Heat oil in a separate pan. Sauté onion until translucent. Add garlic and chili and continue to sauté until fragrant.
- Add Panch foron and let splatter. Pour over boiled lentil and mango. Add salt.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup