If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love ending a meal with dessert, but after a big dinner I can't really dive into a bowl of chocolate ice cream. That's why this refreshing sorbet is so perfect, with its hints of mint and spicy ginger that also aid digestion. Try it now while ruby grapefruit are at their peak. —gluttonforlife
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit zest
- 1 1/4 cups freshly squeezed pink grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- Combine sugar, zest and water in medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat once sugar has dissolved. Add the grapefruit juice, lime juice and ginger. Lightly bruise mint leaves and add.
- Transfer mix to a bowl to cool, then chill in refrigerator until completely cold. Pour through a strainer to remove any solids. Then freeze in your ice cream maker according to instructions. Place in freezer for a couple of hours to firm up, if desired. Also works great for popsicles.