If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Hot and spicy sausage cooled down by fresh bruschetta makes for a great sandwich! —mtlabor
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage
- 1/2 pound hot italian sausage
- 7 ounces jar of roasted red peppers
- 4 ounces goat cheese crumbles
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small zucchini, cut thinly lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon basil paste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 small baguettes/buns
- sriracha sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- If your sausage is in casing, cut them out of the casing and dump contents into food processor. I bought mine just ground up so I didn't have to fool with any casing. Then add red peppers and goat cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse a few times until everything is well combined.
- In a large skillet, brown the sausage mixture under medium high heat for about 8-10 minutes, but not cooked all the way. Then bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- While the sausage is in the oven, in a separate skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium high heat. Add zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Saute until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, basil paste, and remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. This is like a quick bruschetta that sets the sandwich off, in my opinion. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut your baguettes in half and brush cut side with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Toast in oven for about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and start building your sandwich. Bottom baguette, sausage mixture, zucchini, tomato mixture, and top with top of baguette. Return to oven for about 5 minutes to crisp bread more.
- Serve hot and with sriracha sauce!