Author Notes: The very idea of coconut and chocolate together makes me weak in the knees, but I assure you it wasn't always that way. As a kid I would hardly look twice at a mounds bar or an almond joy because, uh hello, SNICKERS! But as I've ripened and explored outside beyond the overly sweetened flaky variety, I've fallen deeply in love with the purity and versatility of this fruit. Pair it with dark chocolate and that snickers bar can't hold a candle. For a decadent treat full of real ingredients that shine without being masked by extra sugar, or a sweet craving that whips up in no time, or even a last minute dessert for your girls wine night, these little babies are adorable and reminiscent. —Molly Damon
Makes: approx 28 minis
cup Unrefined coconut oil, melted
cups Desiccated coconut
tablespoons Honey, maple syrup or agave nectar
teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
ounces Good quality dark chocolate, melted
- Mix together all ingredients except chocolate
- Portion into a mini muffin tin, filling 3/4.
- Pop in the freezer for10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, melt chocolate until smooth and creamy. I like to do this in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds to ensure it tempers properly.
- Remove coconut bites and dollop chocolate on top of each piece, spreading with the back of a spoon to cover the tops.
- Set them back in the freezer to harden and remove as wanted for delicious snacking! Let sit out for a few minutes to soften a touch before serving. These will keep in the fridge for up to two weeks and in the freezer for several months, stored properly.