If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love Greek salads! It's one of my favorite summer time meals. But after being inundated with CSA cucumbers and an "accidental" purchase of 2 lbs of feta, I was ready to change things up but wanted to maintain the flavor combination I loved. So I thought it would be fun to try and deconstruct and Greek chicken salad pita sandwich into a burger with tzatziki (I like the one from kalynskitchen.com), olive tapenade, feta, cucumber, tomato and onion. I hope you enjoy! —GourMel
- 1 pound Ground chicken
- 1/2 Onion and/or 2-3 scallions, chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1 Clove of garlic, chopped
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon Crushed red pepper
- Salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- Tomato, sliced
- Cucumber, sliced
- Red onion, sliced
- Olive tapenade (see below)
- Combine the above through olive oil in a mixing bowl. If time permits, cover and leave in fridge for flavors to meld. When ready, form them into patties and grill (times will vary depending on the shape of your patties).
- Spread tzatiki on one side and olive tapenade on the other side of the buns (I'm a sucker for a toasted bun!). Put the burgers on the buns and pile on the tomato, onion, cucumber and feta and prepare to feast!
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 teaspoon Capers (rinsed)
- 1 Small garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon Sugar (or more to taste)
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Combine the above in a food processor (a few quick pulses should do it). Taste and make any necessary adjustments.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Sandwich Recipe