If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is not "mine" It is a recipe from a popular 60"s American Cookbook Mc Call's. I never see it posted anywhere and it is so refreshing and simple. Great as a burger or BBQ side. —Glendi
Makes 4- 6 servings
Salad, Choose a somewhat uniform size. I just slice everything thinly. The ratio doesn't really matter. I like green pepper so I add more and less apple. In the fall I add more apple.
- 2 Cups Zucchini, sliced very thinly
- 4 Cups Green Apple (crispness is more important than color)
- 2 Green Bell Pepper, sliced thinly, I leave mine long and curvy
- The ratio doesn't matter,, suit yourself. It is the marinating time in the dressing that sort of "cooks" the zucchini (I don't really care for it really RAW). Put the cut up zucchini, apples and peppers in a refrigerator container with a lid
- Add the dressing to the container, stir and refrigerate 4 hours or more. Note : will not be good 24 hours later so don't make the day before. Make in the morning for lunch or dinner.
Dressing. So simple but perfect.
- 1/2 cup flavorless salad oil ( not olive oil)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- whisk it together and pour over the salad. Refrigerate 2 hours at least but 6-8 is ok.. serve cold.