Author Notes: This deceptively simple soup is light and refreshing but complex in flavor with notes of tart, flowery, slightly sweet ... lovely with a little splash of prosecco added to each bowl right before serving; pretty amazing without. —Garlic, Zest and Dark Dark Chocolate
cups quartered apricots
cup agave nectar or 1/3 cup sugar
tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
Prosecco (if you happen to have an open bottle)
- In a heavy medium saucepan, simmer apricots, water and agave or sugar for 12-15 minutes, until apricots are very soft.
- Add lemon zest. and stir.
- Puree with a stick blender until smooth and chill till very cold.
- Serve in small glass bowls or ramekins garnished with a bit of lemon zest or a tiny splash of prosecco.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup