If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These brownies are fudgy, and have the consistency of baked brownies, but are raw! The spicy jalapeno and tart lime pair well with the chocolate, and adding a bit of zucchini to the batter helps them keep a soft texture. —Amy Lyons
Makes one 4x8 inch cake
- 1 1/2 cups raw coconut flour
- 1 cup sprouted buckwheat flour (or additional coconut flour)
- 1 1/4 cups ground flax seed
- 1 cup soft medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 jalapenos, chopped
- 2 tablespoons organic lime zest
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3/4 cup chopped zucchini
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup raw coconut butter (not oil)
- 3/4 cup chopped raw chocolate or raw chocolate chunks
- For the dough, in a food processor, combine the coconut flour, flaxseed, dates and salt, and process until the dates are very finely chopped and it is all well combined.
- Next, add the vanilla, jalapenos, lime zest and juice, zucchini, and cacao powder and coconut butter and process until smooth like dough.
- Mix in the chopped chocolate Then press the brownies into a 1 1/2 inch square on a foil lined sheet pan. Place in the freezer until the brownies are set (about an hour), then enjoy! Store in the fridge.