If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Originally a Thai soup called Tom Kah Gai, I'm not Thai so can;t call it that right? I love this soup in the middle of a humid summer's day in Australia. The sweet satisfies my summer taste buds, the hot and sour gets my sweat on and cools me down. There seems a lot of ingredients but this is soooo quick and easy and delicious for a hot night's dinner! —vanessa green
- 3 cups duck (or chicken) broth (I make this ahead and have it read in the freezer)
- 2 lemongrass stems, white parts bruised and halved
- 2 chicken breast fillets / 0.8pd chicken, sliced thin (thighs work great too)
- 2 handfuls button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 ginger, inch, peeled and julienned
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 12 broccoli florets
- 2 zucchini, 'zoodled' or peeled into noodles
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce (I use red boat - it's JUST fish sauce!)
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice, and zest
- 1 handful Thai Basil and mint
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, julienned
- 1 coconut milk, BFA free can
- In a saucepan, bring the stock, lemongrass, ginger, chilli, kaffir lime leaves and coconut sugar to a gentle simmer. Add the chicken, mushrooms and coconut milk.
- Without boiling, stir chicken until cooked (5-10min)> Add lime juice and fish sauce.
- Add broccoli florets and zoodles - while not traditionally served with these, I love any excuse to get in some sneaky veggies
- Serve with mint and basil leaves.I use a Chinese-style spoon because I think slurping really brings out the sweet sour and spicey :)
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup
More Great Recipes: