Author Notes: Just because it's served for Aussie-Kids parties, doesn't mean adults can't enjoy it. —Jordana D Shell
loaf of sliced white bread, keep the ends
packet 100s & 1000s/Sprinkles
unsalted butter, soft (easy to spread)
tablespoons strawberry jam
In This Recipe
- Cut the crusts off the loaf, leaving a square shape of white bread. Use one end of the loaf (cut into square) as the base.
- Place 100s & 1000s into a deep plate (wide enough for the entire stack to be dipped).
- Butter the base of the loaf and dip into the 100s & 1000s bowl and place on whatever plate you're using to display.
- Continue to butter and dip the rest of the loaf.
- Every 4 slices, add a slice of bread with jam, just to keep it stable.
- Once you have the whole stack ready, butter the sides of the stack. HINT: to make it easier to spread across, work the butter on a chopping board - spreading it over and over again.
- Place the end piece of the loaf on top of the stack, tilt and hold the bottom of the loaf, press together, and dip into the 100s & 1000s. On all four sides.
- Put the stack back onto the display plate, and disregard the end piece of the loaf (not the base).
- If there are any missing parts, just sprinkle 100s & 1000s over it a lightly press down.