If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a traditinal Portuguese dish that we make mainly during the winter. It is very satisfying and comforting. It makes a big batch and serves up to 6 people. You also can bring it to work, just microwave it and you will have a delicious lunch. —Candyland Queens
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 2 tablespoons of extra olive oil
- 1/2 pound of 96% lean fresh beef (stir fry cut)
- 1 chourizo sliced (replace with smoked sausage)
- 3 cups of penne
- 1 can of garbanzo beans (15.5 oz.)
- 11/2 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup of water
- 1 pinch pepper
- cilantro for garnish
- In a large pan, add the onion, garlic, chourizo, olive oil. Cook for a few minutes until the onion turns gold and soft.
- Add the beef, salt and pepper and let the beef fry for a couple of minutes. As soon as the beef losses its pink/red color add the water, penne and garbanzo. Let everything cook in medium-low for 15-20 minutes. If the pasta looses the water too quickly add a little bit more. Make sure to stir the pasta a couple of times, while it cooks.
- Garnish with cilantro.