If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This can be served as a dessert or side dish, and eaten warm or cold. The cheese and apples blend deliciously. It's something I typically serve on cold days. —MrsK
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margerine
- 7 apples, medium, peeled, cored, sliced
- 1/4 cup water, plus 2 tbsp
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, fresh or bottled
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cut flour, sugar and salt into a coarse meal.
- Toss apples, water and lemon juice. Put in a lightly greased 8" square pan (or round pie dish). Sprinkle with flour mixture. Bake at 350 F for 35 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and bake 5 more minutes.