If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Steamed mussels in coconut curry broth —Oh Sweet Day!
- 3 pounds mussels
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 pieces garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 piece onion, diced
- 2 pieces roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 3/4 cups coconut milk
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Clean and scrub the mussels. Remove the beards. Discard any open ones.
- In a large stockpot, heat oil over medium heat, sautee garlic and onion until fragrant. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper, and cook for another 2 minutes until tomatoes are softened.
- Add curry paste, stir until it’s well distributed.
- Add coconut milk and broth, continue cooking until the mixture is smooth and starts simmering.
- Toss in mussels. Cover the pan and steam the mussels until they open, about 3 to 5 minutes. Shake the pan occasionally to help them cook.
- Check the mussels. Discard those unopened ones. Arrange the mussels on a serving plate. Garnish with parsley. Serve with toasted French bread.