If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A heart warming soup filled with bright colors, wonderful summer Veggies and the bold deep taste of chicken. —Raymond Roseman
Serves 6 people
- 64 ounces Chicken Stock
- 3 cups Zucchini (grated skin on)
- 3 cups Yellow Squash (grated skin on)
- 1.5 cups Onion (diced)
- 3/4 cup celery (diced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic (diced)
- 1 tablespoon romano cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons chervil (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast (chopped and lightly sauteed)
- Heat the olive oil in large pan and add onions and cook for 5 min until soft.
- Add chicken to pan with onions.
- Season with salt and pepper and Sauté for additional 5 minutes more stirring chicken.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil, than reduce heat to a simmer.
- Add the zucchini, yellow squash, celery, cervil, romano cheese, garlic, lemon juice
- Season with salt and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve as is or add pastina noodles and dollop of sour cream on top of each bowl off soup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup