If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a one-pot soup perfect for the heat of summer. It's best at the height of watermelon and tomato season and with those two ingredients, you really can't go wrong. —Rebecca at Salts Kitchen
cups watermelon, cubed
tablespoons red onion, chopped
cups orange, yellow and/or red tomatoes (about 5-6 tomatoes)
orange or yellow sweet bell pepper
tablespoons red wine vinegar
red habanero chili
cup sliced and toasted almonds
cup feta cheese, optional
- Seed and cut the watermelon into large chunks.
- Cut the tomatoes into half or quarters. Seed half of the tomatoes, reserving the juice (cut horizontally and remove seeds and juice into a bowl).
- Place all of the ingredients, minus the extra tomato juice and the garnish ingredients, in the blender. Start with just 1/4 of the chili and add more if you want more heat.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you like the soup a little thinner, add the reserved juice until you reach the desired consistency.
- Chill for at least one hour. Top each serving with the feta, toasted almonds, and flake salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup