If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This soup recipe is inspired by a cantaloupe and heirloom tomato salad served by Chef Matthew Accarrino at SPQR restaurant in San Francisco. This simple soup uses a blend of cantaloupe and yellow tomatoes and is topped with creamy mozzarella, basil leaves, and a sprinkle of cayenne to balance the sweetness. Light, fresh, and summery - this soup makes a delightful and surprising warm weather dish.
cups cantaloupe, chopped
cups yellow grape tomatoes, rinsed
tablespoons fresh lemon juice
tablespoon champagne vinegar
ounce fresh mozzarella
purple basil leaves
- Place cantaloupe in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Place tomatoes in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh sieve and add to the cantaloupe.
- Add the lemon juice, vinegar, and salt. Stir ingredients, cover, and chill in the refrigerator for at least four hours.
- When ready to serve, pour the soup into bowls and garnish each with the mozzarella and basil leaves. Add a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of cayenne pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup