If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Carrots, apple and quinoa, what a superb healthy combination. These muffins are incredibly moist with the sweetness of carrots and because there are no added bad fats and processed sugars these are nutritionally healthy as well. —Only Gluten Free Recipes
- 4 pieces carrots
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon aluminum free baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 piece apple, wash, core and cut to large pieces
- ½ cups coconut sugar or pure maple syrup
- 1 piece egg
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cups orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- Add carrots, apple, lemon juice, lemon zest, coconut sugar, coconut oil, egg and vanilla into a food processor, process as if the carrots were finely grated
- In a large bowl add buckwheat flour, baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and stir with a fork until all ingredients are well combined
- Add ingredients from food processor, quinoa and orange juice into dry ingredients and stir until all ingredients are well combined
- Pour into non-stick muffin cups and bake at 375 for 25 minutes, (if making medium size bake 23 minutes or small muffins bake only for 20 minutes) cool completely before removing from muffin cups, you can also use parchment paper cups in a muffin pan.