If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Ever bite into a cookie and have a near religious experience? Well, we did, thanks to Chef Lisa and these incomparable Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookies. Not only do you whip up these incredible chewy chocolate chip cookies, but you also get to make your own salted caramel sauce (don't be scared...it's easy!), which combine for the perfect sweet and salty bite. Divine, we promise. —bitememore
Makes 40 cookies
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, warm
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Skor or Heath toffee bits
- For the salted caramel sauce, make sure your ingredients are measured out and ready. In a medium, heavy bottomed saucepan, add sugar over medium heat. Once the sugar starts to melt, start whisking and continue to whisk until it is completely melted. Once melted, stop whisking and allow the sugar to cook to a deep amber, caramel color. Immediately add the butter and whisk until it is incorporated. Remove from heat and slowly stir in the cream and sea salt. Pour into a glass bowl or jar and allow to cool to room temperature. Remaining caramel can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 weeks in a covered dish.
- For the cookies, preheat oven to 350ºF. Using an electric mixer, cream butter, brown sugar and sugar together on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract. On low speed, add flour, baking soda, salt, Skor bits and semi sweet chocolate chips. Mix just until flour disappears. Drop by tablespoon onto baking sheet and bake 9-10 minutes, just until the edges are golden brown. Once cookies are completely cooled, drizzle each cookie with ½ teaspoon of salted caramel sauce.