If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is SUCH a simple and delicious soup! It can be served warm or chilled! You will make this time and time again! If you chill it, be sure to chill your serving bowls and spoons for that wee-bit of extra specialness. —SEE Salt
teaspoon Pure vanilla
cup Heavy whipping cream
drops Cranberry sauce
- Slice pears in half. Peel and de-seed.
- To a large pot of boiling water add 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1/2 tsp of pure vanilla.
- Add pear halves. Poach the pears for 15 minutes. Remove the pears and place in blender.
- Add 1/4 cup heaving whipping cream, dash of cinnamon and dash of nutmeg. Purée until smooth.
- Place in the fridge to chill or serve warm. If chilled freeze bowls and spoons while soup chills.
- Garnished with cranberry sauce. To make a heart place a dollop of cranberry sauce where desired and run a toothpick through the center.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup