If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a classy and fragrant zucchini bread. I always loved lemon and coriander together so I adapted an old zucchini bread recipe to include these and added the pecans. Using some white whole wheat flour adds extra fiber and body to this moist and somewhat delicate tea bread. —jan voris
Makes 2 8"loaves or 4 mini loaves
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1 cup White whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Ground corriander seed
- 3 Eggs
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 cups Grated and squeezed zucchini (just squeeze with hands)
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped fine to medium
- Grease loaf pans. Line bottom with parchment. Grease parchment.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Preheat a baking sheet pan.
- In a Medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and coriander. Set aside.
- With a stand or hand mixer, in a separate bowl, beat the eggs until frothy.
- Beat in the sugar and oil.
- Beat in the lemon juice and zest.
- Mix in Zucchini.
- Add the flour mixture and mix on lowest (stir) speed or mix by hand until just combined.
- Add nuts and mix lightly.
- Divide evenly into prepared pans.
- Set pans on preheated baking sheet pan and bake 50 mins for 8" loaves, or until tester comes out clean.
- Cool in pans 10-15 minutes.
- Run sharp knife around edges and turn bread out onto cooling rack, remove parchment.
- When cool, loaves stay fresh in refrigerator for 2 weeks, wrapped in plastic, or frozen for months ,wrapped first in plastic then foil.