If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Dark chocolate cheesecake with Oreo crust —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes one 8-inch cake
- 2 1/2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 packets 8-ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 pieces eggs, separated, room temperature
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 cups fresh rapsberries
- 1 cup chocolate curls
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven at 350F. Grease an 8-inch spring form pan.
- Make the crust by mixing all the crust ingredients together in a food processor or with a fork.
- Press the mixture onto the bottom of the spring form pan. Bake crust for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool. Turn down oven temperature to 300F.
- To prepare filling, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and sugar on medium speed until smooth in a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Then add egg yolks and chocolate, mix for 2 minutes or until well blended.
- In a clean bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff. Gently fold in the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour the filling over the cooled crust. Tap the pan on counter a few times to release all the air in the batter. Bake for an hour, or until the edge of the cheesecake is puffed but the center is still wobbly and wet looking.
- Turn off the oven with the door slightly opened, let the cheesecake sit in the oven to cool completely, at least an hour.
- Chill for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Garnish with raspberries and chocolate curls. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top before serving.