If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
To me the fusion of mango and coconut milk resurrect happy memories. Of summer time with extended family. Of the heat of Bombay assuaged by a bowl of cold soup. It is a quintessential soup of summer.
To me the fusion of mango and coconut milk resurrect happy memories. Of summer time with extended family. Of the heat of Bombay assuaged by a bowl of cold soup. It is a quintessential soup of summer.—nykavi
ripe Mangoes or
cups frozen Mango slices
cups Coconut Milk
teaspoon Mustard seeds
teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Place mangoes in a deep pan and cover with water. Put pan over medium high heat and bring to a boil. Lower flame and cook mangoes for 20 minutes. Pour out the hot water and replace with cold water. Do this a couple of times till mangoes come to room temperature. Take mangoes out of cold water and dry them.
- Gently massage cooked mango tto loosen pulp. Make a small tear at the stem end of mango . Hold the mango over a wide bowl stem end facing down , and squeeze all the juice into the bowl. The tear will widen and eventually let the mango seed slide into the bowl.
- Tear open the skins and scrape the pulp off with a knife.
- Scrape excess pulp off the seeds before you throw them away.
- Pour the pulp into a blender or food processor. If you use frozen mango, defrost and start recipe at this point.
- Chop green chile into small pieces and add to pulp.
- Grind mustard seeds to a fine powder and add to mango pulp.
- Blend till mango is smooth and you see flecks of green chile
- Put puréed mango into a bowl and stir in coconut milk and salt. Stir so mango and coconut milk are well combined.
- Chill soup for a few hours before you serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Warm Weather Soup