If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Yes, It's lamb's head - maybe not for everyone. —Robert Iulo
- 1 Lamb head, split in half
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Lemon plus more for serving
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- Place room temperature halves on a platter and liberally season with salt and black pepper. Mix ½ tspn each, salt and black pepper with oregano, lemon juice, garlic and oil (save some oil to grease baking pan). Rub halves with marinade and allow to sit at room temperature for one hour.
- Roast for 90 minutes in an oven pre-heated to 325 degrees. Starting with cut side up, turn and baste with drippings every ½ hour. At the end of 90 minutes remove it from the oven and turn on the broiler.
- Baste and place in broiler, eye side up, about 6 inches from flame for 2 minutes until lightly browned. When done, let it rest for a few minutes and serve with lemon wedges.