If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Joy DuPuis is a consummate foodie, chef, vegetarian, devoted pure-eating advocate and founder of TempehGirls.com and TempehSure. She loved the Original BBQ Chicken Pizza from California Pizza Kitchen (minus the chicken, of course), so she decided to recreate it in her own kitchen using tempeh in place of the chicken. This recipe was the result. Enjoy! —Kaitlin
- 1 Crust of your choice
- 4 ounces Crumbled tempeh
- 8 ounces Annie's Organic BBQ Original Recipe Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 dash Balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces Goat mozzarella, grated
- 1 bunch Cilantro, chopped
- 1 Large tomato, chopped
- Sauté tempeh in 4 ounces of Annie's Organic BBQ Original Recipe Sauce and 1 T of olive oil until slightly browned. Set aside.
- Sauté sweet onion in balsamic vinegar and remaining olive oil until slightly brown and soft.
- Start to assemble pizza by pouring the remainder of Annie's Organic BBQ Original Recipe Sauce on the rolled out crust.
- Top sauce with sautéd onions, cheese and sautéd tempeh.
- Sprinkle cilantro and chopped tomato on top.
- Bake according to crust directions or until crust is browned and cheese is bubbling.
More Great Recipes: