If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 4 pieces thick cut bacon
- 2 pounds sirloin steak, cut into one inch cubes
- all-purpose flour
- 4 carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 onions, sliced into thin half moons
- 2 cloves of garlic, mincedc
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup full bodied red wine
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- Creole seasoning, such as Tony Chachere's or Emeril's Essence
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped Parsley
- In a heavy bottomed dish such as a Dutch oven, cook the bacon until crisp and then drain on paper towels.
- Thoroughly season the cubed meat with Creole seasoning and coat with flour.
- In the same dutch oven, brown the steak in bacon drippings over medium high heat.
- Crumble the bacon and add to the pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot, cover, and bake at 300° for 3 hours, stirring once about halfway through.
- Serve over egg noodles that have been tossed in butter and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese and a piece of French Bread.