If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I have a confession to make: I'm a hardcore night owl. This sandwich is my go-to midnight snack not only because it's quick and easy to make, but also because it's delicious in an unexpected way. —Ashley-Michele Burke
Makes 1 sandwich
- 2 pieces bread (I use white, wheat, or texas toast, but you can use whichever kind you prefer)
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 2 pinches Red Robin Signature Blend Seasoning
- Butter one side of each slice of bread and sprinkle seasoning onto buttered side. Flip over one piece and spread mustard on what will be the inside of the sandwich.
- Heat small griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Arrange cheese in the middle of the bread slice, on top of the mustard. Place the second slice on top of the cheese, buttered side facing up.
- When the pan is warm, place the assembled sandwich over heat and listen until the sizzling quiets, then flip the sandwich and repeat on the other side. Serve and/or eat immediately. I recommend serving with pickles and french fries if you're eating this for dinner, or with potato chips for a larger snack. Of course, you could also eat this baby by itself too.