If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This scrumptious moist cake is made with fresh in season plums, maple syrup for sweetness and the essence of cinnamon. It is truly one of everyone’s favourite in the summer time, and it is dairy-free, gluten-free and has an egg-free option —Only Gluten Free Recipes
- 1 pound ripe organic plums, pitted and sliced in half
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon organic GF cinnamon
- 1/2 cup GF quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tablespoon aluminum free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 piece free-range egg
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup demerara sugar or equivalent
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 F and line an 8-inch spring form cake pan with a circle of parchment paper
- Place plums, maple syrup and cinnamon in a bowl and gently toss until plums are well coated
- Mix brown rice flour, quinoa flakes, almond meal, baking powder and sea salt in a large bowl
- Whisk together egg, coconut milk, coconut oil, demerara and vanilla and add to dry ingredients, then stir until all ingredients are combined
- Place plums cut size down on the bottom of the cake pan and pour the batter on top. Bake for 1 hour, and then cool completely. With a knife loosen the sides of the cake and place a plate on top, flip the cake and remove the parchment paper. Enjoy