If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Yeehaw! Chef Lisa has taken the traditional Cowboy Cookie (usually a dry and boring desperado-of-a-cookie) and turned it on its saddlebag with her easy and original Cowboy Blondie Recipe. One bite of these moist and delectable Cowboy Blondies, loaded with chocolate chunks, oatmeal and coconut, and drizzled with a candied pecan topping, will leave you thanking Lisa, the old galoot. —bitememore
Makes 24 squares
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped white chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup coarsely chopped toasted pecans
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1) Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 13x9-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray. Line the bottom and sides with parchment paper.
- 2) In an electric mixer, cream together butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla, adding eggs one at a time until combined. Add flour, baking soda, salt, oatmeal, coconut, semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate, mixing on low speed just until the flour disappears. Spread batter in prepared pan and bake 25-26 minutes, until golden brown on the top. Remove from oven and let cool completely before topping goes on.
- 3) For the pecan topping, sprinkle toasted pecans over cooled cowboy blondies. In a medium saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter and milk to a boil over medium heat. Whisk constantly and let boil for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract. Gradually whisk in icing sugar and stir for a few minutes until slightly thickened. Pour over pecan pieces and let set completely before slicing.