If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: had an abundance of lemon verbena so decided to make a pesto —lorna
For the salmon
- 1 pound Fresh Alaskan wild salmon (stomach area)
- Omnivore salt
- olive oil
- Pat dry your salmon and sprinkle with Onmivore salt on all sides (leaving skin on one side).
- Sprinkle loosely with Sumac until all sides are covered too.
- Brush a bit of olive oil over entire fish.
- Cook over flat grill or on BBQ until skin is crispy and to desired doneness. I like mine medium rare. Cooked on a baking steel you can get the crispy skin and cool interior.
- Serve with lemon verbena pesto/sauce. Recipe below.
For the lemon verbena pesto
- 1 cup fresh lemon verbena, washed and dried
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Pecorino
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup toasted and skinned hazlenuts
- pinches salt & pepper to taste
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor. (I used a Vitamix and made it very smooth but not runny).
- Pulse all ingredients until desired consistency adding olive oil if necessary until you have something between a sauce and a paste.
- Drag a dollop of the sauce on the plate and place the cooked fish on top. Spoon a bit of the sauce on top of the fish and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of crushed hazelnuts. Serve while hot.