If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These bars are gluten free, refined sugar free and oil free. The only fat is the natural fat in the quinoa. They are packed with slow release energy and lean proteins as well as essential amino acids. You can buy quinoa flakes in any health shop or online although I am sure you could replace them with gluten free oats too.
These bars are the perfect summer day breakfast. They keep best in the fridge or even the freezer. You can eat them on the go or balanced with a cup of coffee or a smoothie. You can drown them in ice cold almond milk or crumble them over coconut yoghurt and garnish them with berries. —Yolanda Hinchiffe
- 150g quinoa flakes
- 50g flaked almond
- 25g coconut flakes
- 6 dried apple rings
- 25g dried cranberries or sultanas
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3 dried figs
- Small piece fresh ginger
- 100ml Fresh orange or apple juice (you may need slightly more)
- Place quinoa flakes, almonds and coconut into a non stick frying pan and lightly toast over a medium heat
- Leave to cool and then place into a food processor with all ingredients except the juice
- Shred for a few minutes and then slowly incorporate the juice until you have a thick sticky dough
- Place the dough into a lined dish or silicone mold and flatten with down with the back of a fork
- You can sprinkle the top with additional seeds or dried fruit if you like
- Cover with clingfilm and place into the freezer for two hours before transferring to the fridge